The information we learn from customers helps us personalize and continually improve your shopping experience at Xhifi.com. Here are the types of information we gather.
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our Web site or give us in any other way. See the "Automatic Information" section for examples of what we collect. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customizing future shopping for you, and communicating with you.
- Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many Web sites, we use "cookies," and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses Xhifi.com. See the "Automatic Information" section for examples of what we collect. A number of companies, such as www.zeroknowledge.com, offer utilities designed to help you visit Web sites anonymously. Although we will not be able to provide you with a personalized experience at Xhifi.com if we cannot recognize you, we want you to be aware that these tools exist.
- E-mail Communications: To help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from Xhifi.com if your computer supports such capabilities. We also compare our customer list to lists received from other companies, in an effort to avoid sending unnecessary messages to our customers. If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please click here.
- Information from Other Sources: We might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information. See the "Information from Other Sources" section for examples of what we collect.
- Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer's hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and to provide enhanced features in the future such as more personalized shopping with suggestions, tips, etc., customized for your system, as well as the ability to keep items in your shopping cart between visits.
- The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. However, cookies allow you to take full advantage of some of Xhifi.com's coolest features, and we recommend that you leave them turned on.
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling it to others. We share customer information only as described below and with subsidiaries Xhifi, Inc. controls that either are subject to this Privacy Notice or follow practices at least as protective as those described in this Privacy Notice.
- Agents: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- Business Transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy stores, subsidiaries, or business units. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice (unless, of course, the customer consents otherwise). Also, in the unlikely event that XHiFi.com, Inc., or substantially all of its assets are acquired, customer information will of course be one of the transferred assets.
- With Your Consent: Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
- We reveal only the last five digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer. Click here for more information on how to sign off.
Xhifi.com gives you access to a broad range of information about your account and your interactions with Xhifi.com for the limited purpose of viewing and, in certain cases, updating that information.
- As discussed above, you can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed to make a purchase or to take advantage of future Xhifi.com customer features like My Xhifi and Customer Reviews.
- You can add or update certain information on pages such as those listed in the "Which Information Can I Access?" section above. When you update information, we usually keep a copy of the prior version for our records.
- The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. However, you will not be able to use enhanced features we may offer in the future such as more personalized shopping with suggestions, tips, etc., customized for your system, as well as the ability to keep items in your shopping cart between visits.
- Although we cannot vouch for the effectiveness of any such products, we recommend you explore companies that make products offering anonymous browsing, such as www.zeroknowledge.com.
Xhifi.com does not sell products for purchase by children. If you are under 18, you may use Xhifi.com only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
You provide most such information when you search, buy, post, participate in a contest or questionnaire, or communicate with customer service. For example, you provide information when you search for a product; place an order through Xhifi.com; provide information in Your Account (and you might have more than one if you have used more than one e-mail address when shopping with us) or My Xhifi; communicate with us by phone, e-mail, or otherwise; complete a questionnaire or a contest entry form; participate in Discussion Forums; provide and rate Reviews. As a result of those actions, you might supply us with such information as your name, address, and phone numbers; credit card information; people to whom purchases have been shipped, including addresses and phone number; e-mail addresses of other people; content of reviews and e-mails to us; personal description and photograph in My Xhifi; and financial information, including Social Security and driver's license numbers.
Examples of information we receive from other sources include updated delivery and address information from our carriers or other third parties, which we use to correct our records and deliver your next purchase or communication more easily; account information, purchase or redemption information, and page-view information from some merchants with which we may operate co-branded businesses or for which we provide technical, fulfillment, advertising, or other services; search results and links, including paid listings; and credit history information from credit bureaus, which we use to help prevent and detect fraud and to offer certain credit or financial services to some customers.
Examples of information you can either currently access or will in the future at Xhifi.com include up-to-date information regarding recent orders; personally identifiable information (including name, e-mail, password, communications preferences); payment settings (including credit card information); e-mail notification settings (newsletters); recommendations (including recent product view history and prior order history); and your My Xhifi area (including your product Reviews, Requests, and Recommendations, and personal profile).